Life is an ever-evolving journey, which is different for every individual and family. Whether individuals are preparing to retire, start a business, or fund an education, we believe that pursuing each family’s unique short- and long-term objectives requires thoughtful consideration of their specific needs in every wealth stage.
The Schwartz Group feels that our role is to help connect clients to the opportunities that exist along their financial path. We bring over 80 years of combined experience to help individuals, families, business owners, and women in transition create and pursue disciplined, goals-based wealth management. Our thorough support addresses the core of who clients are—rather than merely their investments—so they can proactively pursue their financial dreams and visions.
Goals-Based Wealth Management
We believe clients should feel confident they are on the right financial path. Our high-touch concierge service helps clients alleviate the time they personally spend on their wealth management while helping them implement goals-based financial strategies. From cash-flow needs to investment strategies and beyond, our in-depth guidance helps investors soundly pursue wealth management over multiple generations. Throughout each life stage, The Schwartz Group’s personalized services offer clients:
• A multigenerational focus: We strongly believe in the importance of educating younger generations on their role in their family’s legacy and helping families thoughtfully plan for everyone’s individual financial needs.
• Strategic, in-depth support: Guided by disciplined, thorough services, we help every client and family member identify the values important to them and share their voice when pursuing financial goals. In each step, we tailor forward-looking strategies that reflect clients’ breadth of objectives.
• Streamlined wealth management: With access to the vast resources of Merrill Lynch, we can support clients’ varying financial needs with a single point of contact—whether we’re addressing personal or business financial objectives, or both. We also synchronize our services with clients’ other professional advisors to further streamline support.
The Schwartz Group Professional Team
The Schwartz Group believes that delivering and supporting educated guidance is highly important, because we feel that informed perspectives help everyone make sound decisions. Our team members hold respected industry designations and pursue ongoing education. Additionally, as a team comprised of a husband-and-wife partnership, we deeply understand family wealth management dynamics and apply this perspective when supporting clients’ multigenerational needs.
Fern G. Schwartz CRPC®, CSNA
Senior Vice President–Investments
Wealth Management Advisor
Fern entered the financial services industry in 1982 as a Merrill Lynch Wealth Management financial advisor, and has since fostered a meaningful career helping affluent families find strategies to their complex financial needs. During this time, she has received multiple Firm recognitions for her dedicated service. Fern holds the Chartered Special Needs Advisor professional designation, which is an internal self-study curriculum based on a variety of wealth management topics and an exam. She also holds the Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor(SM)professional designation. Fern is a high honors graduate of the Rochester Institute of Technology with a bachelor’s degree in business. She and her husband, Steve, are proud parents of their son, Zachary. In her spare time, Fern enjoys gardening and traveling, and is avidly involved in her community.
• Member, Merrill Lynch's Circle of Excellence
• CEO, Western Pennsylvania chapter of the Merrill Lynch Women’s Exchange
• Former Chairperson of Merrill Lynch's Diversity Advisory Council to Management
• 2013 leadership award recipient, Jewish Family and Children Services
• 2008–2013, Barron’s Top 400 Women Financial Advisors Summit attendee
• 2010 member of the Diversity and Inclusion Council
• 2006 honoree by The Women and Girls Foundation of Southwestern Pennsylvania
• 2005 recipient of the Merrill Lynch Leadership in Diversity Award
• Trustee, Jewish Women's Foundation
• Board member, Family and Children's Services
• Board member, Women’s Leadership Council for United Way in Pittsburgh
• Co-chair, The Center for Women
Steve joined his wife, Fern, at Merrill Lynch in 1998 and supports clients with in-depth service guided from years of experience and innovation in technology, research and business management. Before becoming a financial advisor, Steve maintained a periodontics private practice for 19 years and also served as assistant professor of periodontics at The University of Pittsburgh. Today, he enjoys applying his previous professional experiences by helping to foster client relationships guided by thorough advisory support and education. Steve remains active in his community and enjoys spending time with his family.
Tara Ziegler, CFP®, CRPC®
Registered Client Associate
Tara began her financial industry career in 2002 and became a Merrill Lynch professional in 2007. An integral component of our team, Tara leads our operational activities and helps to address clients’ personalized retirement goals. Tara holds the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER(TM) certification awarded by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. Tara also holds the Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor professional designation. A lifelong Pittsburgh-area resident, she received her bachelor’s degree in criminal justice/law enforcement from Mercyhurst College. She enjoys skiing, swimming, and traveling to visit family and friends.
A financial services professional since 1993, Audrey served the first 20 years of her career supporting employee benefits, and actuarial and pension services. She then worked for a major tax firm in Pittsburgh supporting accounting services. Today, she’s the newest addition to The Schwartz Group and brings with her decades-long experience providing meaningful client service. She dependably enhances the client experience and helps with a variety of account needs, such as scheduling appointments, preparing reports, and opening new accounts. In her free time, Audrey enjoys reading, cooking, bowling, and spending time with her husband, Bill, and their two cats, Lucky and Groucho.