Being members of the Baby Boomer generation and seeing the devastating effects of NOT being prepared for retirement, stirs our passion for helping retirees and soon-to-be retirees. We help people make smart choices about their money so they can spend more time doing what they enjoy most, instead of worrying about the future.
The reason we are passionate about what we do is the great satisfaction we receive when we help people feel confident about their financial future. Helping people overcome worry and fear about retiring comfortably and staying comfortably retired is rewarding to us because we are making a difference in their lives.
We also enjoy helping business owners feel confident that they have a cost-effective, highly performing 401(k) plan in place for their valued employees. As teachers at heart, we receive great satisfaction helping plan sponsors understand and fulfill their fiduciary duties. It gives us pleasure to teach 401(k) participants how to save and invest for their retirement, knowing we are making a difference in their lives as well.
Pat Mackey, Vice President, Portfolio Manager, PIA Program joined Merrill Lynch in 2009 with over eighteen years experience as a Financial Advisor. As part of the Merrill Lynch Personal Investment Advisory® (PIA) Program, Pat has the flexibility to move quickly making tactical portfolio changes as the program permits, such as, defensive option strategies and enhanced income alternatives.
Dan Forbes, a CFP®, CRPC®, ChFC®, CRPS®, joined Merrill Lynch in 2008 with a background of fourteen years as an entrepreneur, business owner, and 2002 Small Business of the Year (awarded by the Manatee Chamber of Commerce).
Other group members working together to provide excellent service include Sherri Dandrow, Client Associate; Tom Grubb, Senior Client Associate, and Cindy Hall, Bank of America Wealth Management Banker. Collectively the Mackey/Forbes Group represents over 60 of experience in the industry.
Pictured left to right is Pat, Cindy, Tom, Sherri, and Dan.
Together with our clients we create a customized, holistic strategy to guide our clients in the following:
• Analyzing personal needs and establishing goals and objectives
• Determining required liquidity needs and corresponding investment risk tolerance
• Developing an asset allocation and customized wealth strategy based on personal objectives
• Implementing the strategy; select products, advisory platforms, and managers
• Monitoring progress and re-evaluating the strategy on an ongoing basis
We provide personalized, customized strategies that address:
• Retirement planning and cash flow analysis
• Trust and estate planning services- we work along side family tax professionals and attorneys
• Individual wealth preservation and insurance planning strategies
• Education planning
• Tax minimization strategies
• Corporate cash management strategies
• Custom design and enhancement of company sponsored 401(k) plans/Retirement Plans
• Business succession planning
• Charitable giving
All in all we do three things for our clients and expect one in return. We help them:
• simplify their financial lives and achieve their dreams
• generate the necessary income to sustain the lifestyle they deserve now and in retirement
• build a legacy for the ones they love and the things they care about
What we expect in return: should our clients have a question on anything financial, we expect to be their first phone call. We want to be your primary financial advisor.
Wealth Management Banking
You may also benefit from the experience of a Wealth Management Banker from Bank of America, N.A. who can provide strategic and personalized banking guidance focused on your needs. Working together, your Financial Advisor team and Wealth Management Banker can draw upon an expansive array of cash management, credit and other lending solutions designed to fit into your overall financial strategy and help you pursue your financial objectives. Cindy Hall, Vice President, Wealth Management Banker, supports your Financial Advisor team. Cindy has been in the financial services industry since 1997.
To learn more about how Merrill Lynch is helping to meet the financial needs of families of children with disabilities, visit the section of TotalMerrill.com